Week Ten blog
This week I heard a very interesting news story on the radio. An student in a state down south wanted to take a same sex date to the prom. Which was aganist the schools policy. When the girl tried to sue the school they just canceled the whole prom for everyone instead of giving into something they believed to be wrong. I think it is about time for schools to start doing what is morally right an not just what some in the society way want. If motre schools would keep to the moral values that this country was founded on, we would have less problems then we do sinve are values would be higher. Schools are one of the major places that are children learn moral val;ues, so they should not allow things to happen in schools functions that are morally wrong.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to disagree! I am very much a heterosexual woman married to a great guy but I believe gays should have rights as well. It is not up to schools to give lessons on morality, that is for the parents. The schools have to uphold local, state and federal laws. It is unlawful to discriminate against any one because of race,color, or sexual orientation. The school brought too much negative publicity upon themselves. Had they just let the girl bring her female date they would not have been in the news and set up for lawsuits. It has now cost them more financially.
ReplyDeleteSexually orientation is a life style choice not sometime that is protected. It is no different then when people refuse to hire people because they have visiable tatoos.
ReplyDelete