Friday, February 12, 2010

Today on the radio I heard a news story that concerns me it was a new policy that the Bellieve police department has started. They started to put up sign in peoples yards that they have arrested for drug charges. On these signs it states this is a drug house. I agree they need to do something about drug problem in our cities, but who gave the police the right to pass judgment before a trail even takes place. It is one thing to do something like this once a person was been convicted in a court of law for the crime., but to do something like this to some one that was just be arrested an not been convicted of anything yet is just not right. What concerns me is where does practices like this stop. Does it allow the police to put a sign in anyones yard that they believe is guilty of anything even if they have no proof.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember the law saying "you are innocent until proven guilty" This so called drug dealer was not incarcerated and was let go which seems to me they could not prove anything so he is innocent until proven guilty. I think he should sue for defammationof character. I think Belleville is wasting their time and resources for idiotic things like this.Surprising? No I think not!

    ReplyDelete